Sunday, October 31, 2010

aleve and no more meat-only days

well, i don't have time to post a lot. but no matter. the important things i will remember to post. i'm not having any significant problems sleeping and i'm not taking any supplements- no iron, no iodine, no omega 3 fish oil. my period started out lighter than last time, but the second day it came on strong, so i took one aleve cuz i didn't want any accidents. if my heavy day falls on a weekend, i'll go without the aleve to see what happens. the aleve lightened the flow considerably, even though it was still fairly heavy the second day, and it cut down on the length of my period. it would be better not to take it, but the risks of taking one aleve a month hopefully seem to outweigh not taking it: heavy blood loss, missing work, some kind of surgery to stop the heavy menstrual bleeding (like uterine ablation).

i'm eating more shrimp and flounder, so hopefully that will offset me not taking iodine or omega 3 fish oil. i'm also eating tons more dark, leafy greens in salads twice a day.

i tried an experiment with eating all meat one day and doing a lot of walking as well. the next morning i drank coffee with coconut milk on an empty stomach. big no-no. i felt a tingling throughout my head and what felt like a big bowel movement coming on. i felt dizzy so i layed down on the bathroom floor and then passed out for a second. then i had diarrhea. so no more all meat days for me. plus that bad experience put me off of coffee, which i was cutting down on anyway. i posted over at artdevany.com about the experience. i also searched paleohacks for anyone with similar experiences. it may be that my blood pressure was too low that morning. in any event, i'm going to add salt to at least one meal a day. and i want my mom to teach me how to take my own blood pressure (she's a retired icu room nurse with 40 plus years of experience).

i was trying this experiment because i thought eating all meat and doing a lot of walking would help me lose belly fat. professor devany said i could not depend on diet alone to lose it, i would have to do more brief, but relatively hard exercise. i don't want to over do that either, so i'll gradually push the envelope of how much i can do before i get negative effects (sick, etc).

to sum up- sleep is pretty good- solved heavy bleeding problem (no more fish oil for now and 1 aleve on first day period starts to get heavy), weight is around the same it has been for the past year- up slightly only- most importantly: mood has been better than usual and i'm starting to want to run spontaneously more. my normal time to get my first cold- around november 4- is coming up. i want to see if i can go the whole month of november cold free. after that i will probably start using the sperti lamp to get my vitamin d.

No comments:

Post a Comment