Sunday, September 7, 2014

vinegar- drops blood glucose and lowers appetite?

i just ate 18 carb grams of chocolate pudding (3 pm) and now i'm going to drink two tablespoons of vinegar diluted in a cup of water and see what my post prandial numbers are at 4 pm and 5 pm as well as how my hunger feels later on today. while i am waiting to test bg, i will just sit around and go on the computer/watch tv, as activity really drops my sugar. at 4:08pm my bg was 98- a drop of 15 points in as much as we can trust glucose meters (which can be off +/- 15 points!) i will test at 5pm. then next week i will do the same 18 grams of carb from the same brand of chocolate pudding, but I won't use vinegar. i will also test preprandial. i may be at a different number, but at least I will be able to see how much bg drops or rises. right now i don't have an appetite, which isn't that surprising to me since i ate a lot of food today, and my craving for chocolate has been satisfied. optimally, i will eat a small dinner at 6:30, if i am hungry that is. if not, i will not eat. UPDATE: vinegar was not that clear cut when it came to lowering my bg. before eating i was 113. after 18 grams of carbs, 6 grams of fat, and 4 grams protein in the two low carb chocolate puddings i ate, 1 hour later my bg was 98. seems good. then at the two hour point not having eaten anything else, my bg went up to 117. i measured a second time, and my bg was 108. so no dramatic lowering, or maybe nothing conclusive due to the inaccuracy of glucose meters. my appetite seems to be either normal or a little better than usual, since my last big meal was at 12 noon, and i have only had the puddings and some celery since then with no big appetite swing even after eating that relatively high for me 18 grams of xylitol, modified corn starch carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment